Your first visit to Chautauqua Works the American Job Center should include registering with the New York State Department of Labor so that you have full access to all the resources offered.
• Complete the ES-100 registration form if you have never done so before.
• After registering you can utilize our resource room that is equipped with computers and internet for your job search and resume preparation. You will be able to access current job listings, community resource listings, and receive assistance from our knowledgeable and resourceful staff.
• Once you are registered, feel free to make an appointment with a Career Specialist for help with job searching, career exploration, or training. Request an appointment at the front desk or by calling (716) 661-9553 or (877) 424-9031.
Items needed to bring to your first appointment with a Career Specialist:
• Complete the Universal Intake
• Proof that you are legal to work in the US, if you are not a US citizen
• Driver's License or Photo ID
• Social Security Card (must be original, no photo copies)
• Proof of income (pay stub or unemployment insurance check stub)
• Layoff letter (if available)
• Resume (if available)
It would be beneficial for you to print out the Universal Intake and the ES-100 and complete them to the best of your ability prior to your appointment. If you are unable to print the Universal Intake and ES-100, please come to your appointment fifteen minutes early to allow time to complete this paperwork.